I started on the two long pieces. The front and the back. They were going to be 10′ 4 inches long. My boards are 8′ long. I doubled them up, but staggered the spliced area. This worked out well. Then I cut the sides down with a circular saw. I would later rip them to a perfect height on the table saw.
Posts for the “Woodworking” Category
I decided 4 guitar stands was taking up too much room in my already small music shed. I looked around on the internet and couldn’t find a stand reasonably priced. I did find some how to articles about making your own. I decided to tweak some I found, and create my own multi guitar stand. I had some spare 2×4’s and some leftover carpet.
Penny really misses her old desk from the old house. I thought I would build her one. I took a picture I had, and proceeded to get after it. It took a while but the end product is not bad.
Now to put the box/walls back on and get everything straight, as best I can.
Then put the rail back on top.
I finished up the stapling of the padded rail. It didn’t come out too bad. There are a couple of wrinkles that where from where it was folded at the fabric store. Maybe I can get those out with a little heat. I’m pretty happy with it though.
I’ve started rebuilding my craps table after my house was destroyed in a fire, December 21, 2012.
Lets call it the Phoenix table, rising from the ashes! Actually, it was in the only room in the basement with a closed door, so all it got was smoke and water damage. I stored it in my son’s garage until last week. I have since bought a new house (new to me) on 10 acres with a huge outbuilding. A perfect place to rebuild the table!
I decided the white rope light around the inside was kind of blinding when the room lights are down.
A curtain of small trim around the perimeter might work to allow the light to go down only, and not in your eyes.
I soaked some short trim pieces in water for a couple days, and then tried to bend them. Didn’t work.
So I kerf cut the backside of them and they curved nicely.
I needed to make the dealer chip tray holder match the rest of the table. I used some of the 1/4 inch plywood I had left over and added it to the top of the existing board. I attached it with two countersunk screws, and cut out the hole for the blackjack chip tray.
I started staining the chip trays.
I went ahead and used the pre-stain conditioner. Then used a red mahogany stain.Five of them are ready for poly. Continue Reading
This project is almost done now. I’m feeling pretty good about it.
I really want to get this thing done. I am getting close.
I got really energetic today, and got some more progress done on the table.
I started on the base/bottom of the table yesterday.
I took the whole top section and set it aside.
I got all the routing done! Here is the pile of sawdust.