I installed the T-nuts on the padded rail. I’m thinking about epoxying them as well. I don’t want them to push out after I finish the foam and vinyl.
Archive for April, 2015
I know it’s not pretty, but I tried these metal straps to connect the three parts to the padded rail. I was going to use epoxy and some thin type of plastic, but saw these and thought I’d give it a try. With some really short screws, and doubled up, they seem to work fine. Hopefully they won’t be too noticeable under the padding, when leaned on.
Time to start the padded rail. I have some OSB laying around that is long enough.
I put some down on the top, and try to figure this out. I made a jig that is 8″ long to draw a line for the outside dimension.
I need to cut into the table where the dealers would stand. They will need to be able to reach across the table. The table is so huge, they (me) will need all the help they can get.
I started working on the top. I decided to use the 1×12 pine boards. I figured they would be sturdier than 1/2 plywood, and you could lean on them without a problem.
I got my new layout today. This thing is awesome! I had to lay it on the table and check it out.
I started on the two long pieces. The front and the back. They were going to be 10′ 4 inches long. My boards are 8′ long. I doubled them up, but staggered the spliced area. This worked out well. Then I cut the sides down with a circular saw. I would later rip them to a perfect height on the table saw.