The 5th of July, we packed up the camper and headed to Spring Lake Campground.
We had our first large party at the new house on July 4th. It turned out great!
Our friends Daryl and Jenn invited us to go with them this year to Lake Texhoma. We’ve never been able to go with them, but this year was different. We had a blast!
Now to put the box/walls back on and get everything straight, as best I can.
Then put the rail back on top.
I finished up the stapling of the padded rail. It didn’t come out too bad. There are a couple of wrinkles that where from where it was folded at the fabric store. Maybe I can get those out with a little heat. I’m pretty happy with it though.
I’ve started rebuilding my craps table after my house was destroyed in a fire, December 21, 2012.
Lets call it the Phoenix table, rising from the ashes! Actually, it was in the only room in the basement with a closed door, so all it got was smoke and water damage. I stored it in my son’s garage until last week. I have since bought a new house (new to me) on 10 acres with a huge outbuilding. A perfect place to rebuild the table!
I lost my house to a fire on 12/21/12 Friday. It’s pretty bad.
Everyone got out ok. My son was home alone and noticed it in time to get out and call 911. Pretty proud of him.
The craps table actually is one of the few items that made it, sort of. I will have to clean it up and it will smell like smoke for a while. That is the least of my worries.
I am staying in a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette until we move to a rental house next week.
I am planning to rebuild the house.
My insurance is taking good care of me so far.
I decided the white rope light around the inside was kind of blinding when the room lights are down.
A curtain of small trim around the perimeter might work to allow the light to go down only, and not in your eyes.
I soaked some short trim pieces in water for a couple days, and then tried to bend them. Didn’t work.
So I kerf cut the backside of them and they curved nicely.
I needed to make the dealer chip tray holder match the rest of the table. I used some of the 1/4 inch plywood I had left over and added it to the top of the existing board. I attached it with two countersunk screws, and cut out the hole for the blackjack chip tray.
I started staining the chip trays.
I went ahead and used the pre-stain conditioner. Then used a red mahogany stain.Five of them are ready for poly. Continue Reading
This project is almost done now. I’m feeling pretty good about it.
I really want to get this thing done. I am getting close.