I started on the corner chip rail pieces. These have proven to be a real pain in the butt.
I went and bought me a new band saw to cut them from the 2×8 lumber. I’ve always wanted a band saw. It is a small one, but does the job just fine. A lot easier than using a handheld jigsaw.
The idea is to lay a piece of paper on the rail, and cut it to fit the opening. Then spray glue the paper to the 2×8, and cut it out.
The band saw did a pretty good job of that. The small LED light built in is a good idea, but not enough for this guy to see what he’s doing.
Now to route out the chip groove. This is a pain. I try to go slowly, and take out a little at a time. Then it gets hung up and grabs. I’ve made 3 of these, and I finally got one that is acceptable. I’ll be glad when the other three are done.